Bright Analytics is dedicated to providing its Customers and Users the highest level of transparency and control over the use of their data when using our Services. This Policy details each type of personal data we collect, how we use it and how you can control it. Any information processed by Bright Analytics is treated as confidential, stored securely and accessed by authorised personnel only. Bright Analytics has implemented and maintains appropriate technical, security and organisational measures to protect you personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure.
What data do we collect?
Bright Analytics currently collects the following personal data from Website Visitors and Customers or Users:
Website visitors (before sign up) – Whenever you visit our website at www.brightanalytics.com certain information is created and logged automatically. Here are the data points we collect:
Log data anonymously – When you use Bright Analytics’s Website, we process log data, including the information that your browser automatically sends and information related with your interaction with our Website;
Bright Analytics may collect and process any personal data that you make voluntarily available by filling our Website’s forms, such as a request for a Demonstration or submitting a contact enquiry. In all of these actions you need to provide us voluntarily the required fields which may vary depending on the action.
Customers or Users
Following sign up, whenever you use our Services we collect data essential for the provision of Bright Analytics Services.
When you sign up you give us certain information voluntarily, such as your name and email address and a password, so that we can provide you with a customised and secure service within our platform.
Please note that all data requested by Bright Analytics is required to provide our Services and failure to provide this data may make it impossible for us to provide our Services. In cases where we specifically state that some of the data is not mandatory, Customers and/or Users are free not to communicate this data without any consequences on the availability or the functioning of the Services.
What we do with the information we collect:
We use the information we collect to provide a better Service to you. In order to do that, it is necessary for us to use your information to:
- conduct Customer registration and authentication;
- send you notifications relating to the development and maintenance of the Bright Analytics platform. Each time we send you marketing materials, we will give you the option to unsubscribe;
- answer any queries you may ask on live chat platforms and maintain a history of your conversations with the Bright Analytics Support team.
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade user information with third parties for their commercial purposes.
How you can control your data:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Bright Analytics account, many of the choices you have on Bright Analytics are built directly into Bright Analytics or your settings. You can:
- Access the information we hold about you at any time – which can be done directly on our Platform;
- Edit your account information at any time;
- Delete your account at any time – when you decide to do so, all your personal information will be deleted, except for any information required to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- Unsubscribe from Marketing or Services related communications – you can unsubscribe directly on the emails you receive from Bright Analytics or define your notification preferences on the Platform;
- Complain to a regulator. If you are based in the EEA and suspect that we have not complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint before the Data Protection Commission in Portugal or with your local supervisory authority;
- Object to us processing your information by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, that will be executed within a period of 30 days following the date of your request.
How and when we share information:
Some of the ways we use your information requires us to share information with third parties, so we can provide you with the best experience, make sure our customisation is effective and comply with laws that apply to us. We share your information with:
Mixpanel, a third-party analytics service which enables us to measure how our customers are interacting with our platform so that we can optimise the functionality and usability of our platform, and identify areas of new functionality in the future.
Google Analytics, a third-party analytics service used to monitor the usage of our website so that we may continuously develop and optimise the website in order to meet the needs of our visitors.
Intercom, a third-party software service that provides live chat functionality enabling Customers to interact with the Bright Analytics support team.
Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Bright Analytics; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalise it so that we can’t identify you.
Data Security and Durability
We store user personal information and access tokens in databases hosted by cloud-computing hosting providers. We take reasonable technical steps to protect your information, including the use of complex passwords, encryption-at-rest, OAuth authentication where provided and 256bit SSL encrytion of traffic across the Bright Analytics platform. However, we cannot guarantee that your information is immune to a breach in the security and privacy mechanisms implemented by us and the hosting providers. If at any moment a breach of information occurs, we will notify the affected users via email within 72 hours after a confirmed incident.
Access to Third Party Data Providers
At the instigation of a Customer Bright Analytics will ingest and store data relating to the performance of the Customer’s business so that it may be processed by and analysed within the Bright Analytics platform. Typically this data is ingested from third-party data platforms. Our access to these platforms is enabled and approved by the Customer in one of 2 ways:
1. Sharing of credentials – such as username and password or api secret – for Bright Analytics to use on the Customer’s behalf to enable Bright Analytics to connect to the third party platform and extract the required data.
2. Authentication by the customer of an oath-enabled API provided by the third-party data platform. In this case the customer authenticates against the third-party platform’s authentication system in order to generate an access token that is stored and used by Bright Analytics on the Customer’s behalf to request and extract performance data for ingestion and analysis within the Bright Analytics platform. In such cases Bright Analytics does not store the credentials of the user who authenticated, only the resulting access token.
Transferring your information
Bright Analytics is based in the United Kingdom and the Bright Analytics platform runs on servers hosted within the European Economic Area (EEA).
The privacy protections and the rights of authorities within the EEA may not be the same as in your home country.
If you have any queries relating to privacy, data protection or security please contact us at email@example.com